Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Catching up

I've barely kept up with the daily drawing, but I haven't found the time to post them. I feel like I can only get two things done a day and making blog posts isn't high on my priority list right now.

But look! I have faces!
 #3. Scribbled right before bed because time was running out on the clock. LOL I can't be happy with everything I do. I'm also learning that getting it done is way more important than having perfection.
Tombow Fude over acrylic gel printed into my sketchbook.

#4. I was lamenting over where one finds images to feed the 29 day beast and my friend came through with stock photos! This was acrylic wash in my sketchbook. The orange dot is that leftover Distress ink you get from the blending tool. Drawn in mechanical pencil, colored with watercolor and then highlighted with white gel pen.

#5. More acrylic wash, drawn in pencil, inked with Tombow Fude and white gel pen.
#6. Acrylic wash, gel print background, mechanical pencil, watercolor. Then it looked terrible and I inked it with the Tombow Fudenosuke pen, and put more washes on it. When I scanned it and posted it in Facebook, I then realized that I couldn't get the angle of the face right because the eyes didn't line up to begin with. :shrug: Oh well.

4 comments:

Ileana said...

Beautiful and expressive portraits. I love all the different colors and mixed media.

Tammie Lee said...

Wonderful faces. Love how they are each different from one another.

JacquiP said...

These are wonderful faces. I know what you mean about posting everyday is not a priority, I am the same. The fun part is the drawing and painting. Great use of colour.

denthe said...

Love your style!