Tuesday, January 09, 2007

IF:Buzz


I've got a lot of work to do this week (32 pages of one book to letter/retouch, 34 of another, about 60 pages to proof and a font to build---yikes!) so I'm rather pleased that I found the time to do this at all.

This wasn't my first idea, but this one was the fastest to execute. I'm rather sad that it came out looking a bit like a microwaved potato.

Anybody out there know how to generate ttf's in Fontlab? The "six family names" thing is really confusing me.

3 comments:

Dave M! said...

Nice work, Cutie. Your story about "easiest to execute" vs. the 24-second shot clock is classic to us all. Nice colors and line work.

jim bradshaw said...

I was going to say cool beans but your illustration demands that I exclaim, COOL POTATOs!

Mr. Artmonkeys said...

Susie! Hi, thanks for finding me again, and thanks for posting on my blog, and thanks for the encouragement on my sketch a day goal. My well-wishes extend to you, having complete and utter respect for your work as a letterer, and my own understanding of how much that takes: time, time, backbone, liver (sacrificed to all that caffeine), and, oh yeah, time. ^__^
I love all your work!!!