Saturday, February 07, 2015

29 Faces, Day 1

Starting late on the "29 Faces" thing, but I'll give it a small shot. Deadlines are breathing down my neck and I've been nursing a cold, so I may as well get SOMEthing done.

This is Avery Brooks from "American History X" (yes, I have a perverse sense of what's good to watch when you're in bed with a cold). The page was pre-primed with gesso and then washed with acrylic. The drawing was done with Pigma Micron .03 and then I threw watercolors on it. I forgot how watercolors react on gesso!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the face! Great drawing.

Tammie Lee said...

such wonderful expression in this

i enjoy your line work

Ayala Art said...

Fantastic face!

Fran said...

Wow, this is a wonderful composition and face. Love the blend of ink and background.

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

Hope to see some more. This is amazing!!

denthe said...

Wow! Great work!

DVArtist said...

I don't know how I have missed all your faces. This is stunning.