Tuesday, February 10, 2015

29 Faces, Day 2

Three times a week I sit with my mother-in-law while she has breakfast. I tried to sneak in a sketch while she was reading the comics. I missed her smiling and after a while, I think she felt me gazing at her and moved around a bit. I may end up doing several of these during the course of this challenge.

Mechanical pencil and watercolor in my sketchbook. You can see the previous page's sketch bleeding through the paper. It was in ballpoint, but for some reason everything I did that day bled through. Watercolor isn't my medium and this totally didn't come out the way I thought it would, but that's okay. Note to self: unlike acrylics, watercolors dry lighter.

5 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

this is a wonderful face, i love the direction it is looking.

Sarah (wonderstrumpet) said...

This is an absolutely wonderful sketch! I love all of the lines and splashes of color. Fabulous.

Cindy D. said...

Wonderful quick sketch! The color is really nice!

Fran said...

Great drawing and addition of color.

DVArtist said...

Very well done. Great perception.