Monday, September 05, 2016

29Faces: Faces #2 and 3

But where are Faces 4 and 5? They're comin'.

The past few days have been rather busy with much going out. This delights me because I get to play Pokemon Go. Everyone else has leveled up way past me and thousands have stopped playing altogether, but I'm still amused by the game. This also puts a crimper on my location drawing because I'd rather be catching 'mon, but oh well, I'm sure it'll stop be amusing after a while.

For Face #3 I tuned in to "Sling Blade" and did a not-very good likeness of Carl.

Then a friend invited me over late night and I drank a little bourbon and chatted. We were both supposed to draw, and actually we did get some sketching, but we got even more chatting done. Which is okay, I haven't done that in a while and it was a delight to catch up with a friend. She's Face #4. I was pretty drunk when I was drawing and thought I did a horrible job, but looking at it now, it's not too bad. However I DO want to work over it to "fix" it.


Today I just came back from tabling at a yard sale at Guardian Games' parking lot. It was a really nice day for it until the clouds burned off. My husband is totally burnt and my forehead and nose is a bit singed.

So after I post this, I'll be priming more pages in my sketchbook for more Faces, hopefully sketch two more faces and then pass out until tomorrow. Man, that sun just sucks the energy right outta ya.

5 comments:

DVArtist said...

Drunk art how fun is that? LOL You did a great job.

Tammie Lee said...

sounds like you had a fun time.
i like how you sketch on top of colors.

Susie said...

Thanks!

We're hoping to have another late night sketch session next week. If we're lucky we'll get more drawing done. LOL

I like working over pages with color on them for two reasons. First, I'm intimidated by blank pages. I can't deal with them. Having color helps. Second, when I start off with a medium value, I can then darken things, or lighten them and make the drawings really pop off the page.

Sweet Willow Designs said...

I can definitely see Carl. I like how you're doing the backgrounds. Very nice.

Ileana said...

Ha! I love the Sling Blade character. Even before I read who it was I knew he looked familiar. Um-hm. Nice blog!