Saturday, September 10, 2016

Faces #4 and #5 (of 29)

I didn't think this was gonna be so hard. It's really weird because once I get going, I'm mostly okay.

Since I attempted Carl from "Sling Blade", I thought it'd be funny if I did Lorne Malvo from "Fargo". It was kinda hard to pick which incarnation since he's a bit of a chameleon, but I settled on the largest image with the highest contrast.

And here I tried capturing Lady Chablis. I saw all the crazy hatching I did on Malvo and really didn't want to do that here. It's really easy to age a female face when you cross hatch it and I thought I kinda overdid it with Face #4. Instead I darkened spots with pencil. In retrospect, I probably should have gone even darker so that the highlights contrast more. Both are acrylic wash, colored pencil, Tombow Fudenosuke fat tip pen, and white gelly roll pen.

This is a critical period because I now have five faces done like last 29Faces challenge. This weekend is Rose City Comic Con in Portland, so a good portion of my weekend is gonna be spoken for. I also have dayjob stuff, and a couple birthday cards to make by week's end. I'm pretty determined to get 29Faces done even if it goes into the first week of October. So we'll see...



1 comment:

tartantaz said...

it is not easy to keep up with the 29 faces challenge when life gets in the way huh? lol I am enjoying your faces Thanks for sharing. Ps I dont mind the rambling parts either. It gives your work story ;) T x