Wednesday, September 21, 2016

#7!

Dustin from "Stranger Things". Random paint and ink smeared on to Canson sketchbook, drawn in pencil and Tombow Fudenosuke soft tip pen. I was charmed with Dustin the moment he beamed his sunny, toothless grin at Nancy Wheeler after offering her some leftover pizza.

I tried really hard to just stick with the Fude pen, but I wanted to throw in some dark, then couldn't wrap my head around the inks and broke down with some colored pencil. Note to self: study other people's inks.

I was on a roll, then I had dayjob stuff and greeting cards to make and have been trying to get back in my groove since. I still have three more cards to make in the next couple weeks!

I've also started looking at the digital painting tutorials at Ctrl+ Paint. It made me realize that I'm not getting the results I wanted because I was Doing it Wrong. So at least that's one frustration solved, but now if I want to get competent at digital painting, I'll have to spend a lot more time practicing. ^_^

No comments: